• All entries need to fall within Category 13 – Stout Ale BJCP Guidelines for style.
• The first 15 people to register their brews using the Homebrew Competition Form are guaranteed a seat in the competition.
• 2 bombers of homebrew are required per entry. 1 bomber goes towards the tasting, and one is set aside for “the pot.” You can also enter four 12oz bottles, but 2 will go to the pot.
• We’ll label your entry at the start of the tasting (I’ll have plenty of sheets available when we start), but please make sure your brew is refrigerated.
• This tasting is blind, and each person who enters also gets to taste/judge each entry. The winner at the end of the tasting gets to take home the pot plus prizes!
What makes this event unique is that each participant is also a judge! All beers will be served randomly, and rated on a scale of 1-10. The entry with the highest average score receives a gift card to Great Fermentations, a special blog post on BIMP, and takes home one of every homebrew entered.
Erik Howell – Oatmeal Stout
Jenn Myers – S’more Sweet Stout
Hunter White – Udder Cream Russian Imperial Stout
Richard Meyer – Substitution Dry Stout
Mike Catlin – Breakfast Stout Russian Imperial Stout
Doug Dixon – American ExPat Grab Bag American Stout
Justin Kloer – Brown Sugar Chocolate Oatmeal Stout