Ever want to drink the same homebrew as the president of the United States? The White House has released their recipe for “Ale to the Chief Honey Brown.” They also shared a recipe for a Honey Porter that sounds pretty tasty for the winter time. I am a bit surprised that the POTUS settles for extract brews, but the recipe looks pretty solid.
Head on over to the link below to check out the recipes and instructions.
- 2 (3.3 lb) cans light malt extract
- 1 lb light dried malt extract
- 12 oz crushed amber crystal malt
- 8 oz Biscuit Malt
- 1 lb White House Honey
- 1 1/2 oz Kent Goldings Hop Pellets
- 1 1/2 oz Fuggles Hop pellets
- 2 tsp gypsum
- 1 pkg Windsor dry ale yeast
- 3/4 cup corn sugar for priming